Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mad, mad, mad, mad men

I am very much looking forward to watching the premier of Mad Men on AMC tomorrow night.

Usually, summer brings a time for network TV to trot out their reality shows (spelling bee, anyone?), or air out old episodes of failed shows (Studio 60), or try out episodes of unproven shows.

But I think, and AP apparently agrees, Mad Men will prove itself rather quickly. Good for it. I loved Hustle (that smart, British show about conmen AMC aired last year). I was sad to see it go. Although I might have forgot to watch it after a while. I wonder if it's still on.

But Mad Men isn't some show ported from across the pond. It's American-made, focusing on one of America's cultural peaks. Before the hippies took over. When America was a superpower and everyone knew it.

When people dressed respectfully, dammit. Ties. Collars. Slacks and jackets. Leather-soled shoes, dammit. Dammit.

Anyway, so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow night at 10.

No comments: