Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cut!

Uh, OK, this is kind of weird.

Monday morning, NPR and AP reported Ingmar Bergman died. Aside from having a name close to Ingred Bergman (the also Swedish film star who shared no relation to Bergman), he was, of course, a revolutionary film maker. If you believe Woody Allen, he was the best thing to happen to film since the invention of the camera.

Then I look on The Times' Web site this morning, and what do I see but Michelangelo Antonioni also kicked the bucket yesterday.

Kind of creepy. Too bad Fellini and Kurosawa are already pushing daisies.

Although I imagine my film professor is wearing a black armband, and will continue to do so until... Eternity.

2 comments:

Kevin McGuire said...

Don't forget about Bill Walsh, one of the most influential football coaches of all time!

BdeRWest said...

Yes and a journalist died Monday as well, although I don't remember his name. He was old.

Monday was like some weird death day. Maybe all the funeral homes had coupons.

Or everyone was rushing to die before August...

I know, that's horrible. C'est la vie, or rather, C'est la (whatever's French for death)