Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Learning things the hard way

So after I spent 36 hours downloading an undisclosed torrent, I deleted it. And, apparently, the file.

WHAT?

That's what I thought, too, at 7:30 this morning. As far as I remember, computer, I deleted the torrent. OR SO I THOUGHT.

APPARENTLY, I deleted EVERYTHING, and then, per habit, command-shift-deleted everything, which basically means I'm fucked.

Oh well. I guess I'll start the three-day download process AGAIN. Just as my bandwidth began to return to normal.

God. Damn. It.

Yeah so today's starting out great. Killing the computer (literally, dropping the battery out of it and yanking the chord, did nothing to replace the trash (unlike Windows, when you empty the trash you actually empty it. No zombie files here).

It was very. Very disappointing.

It's times like these I get so mad at myself. I mean there's literally no one else to blame. Even with a backup hard drive and a (I don't know how it got there, but it's a good thing unless I ignore it) "Are you sure you want to do this?" dialogue box on emptying the trash, I manage to screw myself.

Oh where, oh where is Leopard when you need it.

>:(

So to recap, don't delete your downloaded torrents until you've a) backed them up onto the backup hard disk and b) maybe INSTALLED them. And don't delete the trash until you've done all that twice and then maybe save it for a week or two.

No comments: