Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In Soviet Russia, journalism amateurs YOU

I admire France. I really do.

For all their snob, for all their "we're better than you," I would kill to live in rural France, surrounded by hills and châteaux, and towns where some doctor discovered Perrier. But barring amateur journalism just seems a bit... fascist... to me.

I mean, seriously, you're going to fine the dude that videotaped some old guy getting the crap kicked out of him? Sure, he probably should have put the camera down and helped, but it's at least important in cases like Rodney King's, in which corruption was thwarted. Right?

This reminds me of one of my favorite Yakov Smirnofisms:
In Soviet Russia, two TV channels: channel one is propaganda. Channel two is KGB telling you to turn back to channel one.

No comments: